San José de Tumacácori

Founded by Father Kino, originally a Jesuit mission, taken over by Franciscans who rebuilt it around 1800. The mission was involved in mining, smelting, ranching, and farming activities. The national historic park has a replanted orchard and visitor center.
  • FLOOR PLAN
  • TYPOLOGICAL ANALYSIS
  • HISTORICAL ANALYSIS
Missions Location: 
POINT (-111.0478 31.5611)
Historical Designation: 
Current Use: 
Current Condition: 
Jurisdiction/Ownership/Management: 
Interpretive Program: 
Site Access: 
Principal Building Materials: 
Plan Type: 
Ancillary Features: