San Buenaventura de Cochiti

San Buenaventura de Cochiti was completed in 1628, following the prototype for its time and location: thick adobe walls, a single nave and beamed ceiling. However, several interventions throughout the years transformed into a nondescript chapel, lacking of architectural style.  Throughout the 17th century, this mission remained a visita of Santo Domingo Mission. It was one of three churches serving the Queres Nation. A 1667 reference was the first to attribute the mission name to San Buenaventura, who remains the patron saint. The present church was restored in the 1960s to what seemed its original structure but no original furnishings remain.

  • FLOOR PLAN
  • TYPOLOGICAL ANALYSIS
  • HISTORICAL ANALYSIS
Missions Location: 
POINT (-106.3502 35.6089)
Current Use: 
Current Condition: 
Current Integrity: 
Jurisdiction/Ownership/Management: 
Partner Groups/Organization: 
Interpretive Program: 
Site Access: 
Principal Building Materials: 
Plan Type: 
Ancillary Features: