San Ildefonso Pueblo

The Mission at San Ildefonso became the center of Franciscan activity in the north when first built. The church was burned down in the Indian revolt of 1696 and then rebuilt later by the Spanish. The new church remained practically unaltered until 1905, when several substantial alterations were made and the church was nearly entirely rebuilt.

  • FLOOR PLAN
  • TYPOLOGICAL ANALYSIS
  • HISTORICAL ANALYSIS
Missions Location: 
POINT (-106.1222 35.8998)
Historical Designation: 
Current Use: 
Current Condition: 
Current Integrity: 
Interpretive Program: 
Site Access: 
Principal Building Materials: 
Plan Type: 
Ancillary Features: