San Lorenzo de Picuris

Positioned in the mountains north of Santa Fe on the high road to Taos, the pueblo of Pícuris remains small and quiet. Fray Francisco de Zamora was charged with the establishment of the permanent mission, which was built around 1620. It served several surrounding villages in addition to Picuris it self. The mission church was rebuilt several times, being the last preservation effort made in 1986. 

  • FLOOR PLAN
  • TYPOLOGICAL ANALYSIS
  • HISTORICAL ANALYSIS
Missions Location: 
POINT (-105.7117 36.2025)
Current Use: 
Current Condition: 
Current Integrity: 
Jurisdiction/Ownership/Management: 
Site Access: 
Principal Building Materials: 
Plan Type: 
Principal Facade Features: 
Ancillary Features: