San Juan Capistrano

Mission San Juan Capistrano was established in 1731 and underwent several building periods. The complex has the traditional plan of buildings and walls surrounding a central courtyard and includes the ruins of the second and third church, the foundations of some of the residential quarters, a convento (missionary quarters), granary foundation, well, and a residence. San Juan, a self-sufficient community established on rich farmland along the banks of the San Antonio River, supplied produce throughout the region.

  • FLOOR PLAN
  • TYPOLOGICAL ANALYSIS
  • HISTORICAL ANALYSIS
Missions Location: 
POINT (-98.4553 29.3327)
Current Use: 
Current Condition: 
Current Integrity: 
Jurisdiction/Ownership/Management: 
Partner Groups/Organization: 
Interpretive Program: 
Principal Building Materials: 
Plan Type: 
Principal Facade Features: 
Ancillary Features: