The Alamo, Mission San Antonio de Valero

Started by Father Antonio de San Buenaventura y Olivares in 1716, this National and State Historic Landmark was originally located west of San Pedro Springs. It survived three moves. During the 19th century struggle for political and military control of Texas. These rudimentary fortifications made the old mission symbolically and strategically important for Texas history.

Missions Location: 
POINT (-98.4861 29.4258)
Current Use: 
Current Condition: 
Jurisdiction/Ownership/Management: 
Partner Groups/Organization: 
Principal Building Materials: 
Plan Type: