San Miguel de Socorro (Old Socorro)
The mission was built as one of the four missions among the Piro Pueblos between 1615 and 1626 through the Camino Real. This mission was partly destroyed after the Pueblo Revolt and only portions of the old church remains, including parts of the adobe walls and beams. Many preservation efforts have been seen in the mission building, being the most extensive during the 1960s. Today it is a living parish that serves a vast community.
- FLOOR PLAN
- TYPOLOGICAL ANALYSIS
- HISTORICAL ANALYSIS