1973

Santa Clara Church

El Pueblo de Santa Clara Pueblo fue visitado por priera vez en 1541 como parte de la expedición de Francisco Vásquez de Coronado. Una misión fue establecida en 1628 como visita a el Pueblo de San Juan. En 1680, los habitantes de Santa Clara tuvieron una participación activa en la Revuelta de los Pueblos en contra de los españoles.

Santo Domingo

During much of the Spanish colonial period, Santo Domingo was an important Franciscan mission center and the ecclesiastical capital of New Mexico. A mission church erected here before 1607 by Fray Juan de Escalona, was considered one of the largest and finest in New Mexico.

Santa Clara Church

Santa Clara Pueblo was first visited in 1541 by part of Francisco Vásquez de Coronado's expeditionary force. A mission was established in 1628 as a visita  for San Juan Pueblo. In 1680 the inhabitants of Santa Clara took an active part in the Great Pueblo Revolt against the Spanish.

San José de la Laguna Mission and Convento

Built on a rocky hill for Keresan'speaking people from Acoma, Santo Domingo, and Cohití, this church was constructed with stone and adobe in 1701, following the social upheavals caused by the 1680 Pueblo Revolt. It had a major rehabilitation in 1932 and today it is a functioning parish chuch and remains a community fixture on feast days and as a gathering place for artisans selling their wares.