Mission Nuestra Señora de los Ángeles de Porciúncula
The first church at the Pecos Pueblo was probably built by the Franciscan Fray Pedro Zambrano Ortiz by 1619. The people of the pueblo would not allow construction of a church closer to their dwellings. In 1625, a more permanent church was constructed outside the walls of the pueblo of Pecos, New Mexico. After the Spanish reconquest in 1693, a smaller church was built in 1717. The walls of this later church still stand on top of the earlier church's stone foundation.
- FLOOR PLAN
- TYPOLOGICAL ANALYSIS
- HISTORICAL ANALYSIS