San Estévan del Rey, Ácoma Pueblo
Continuously occupied since arrival of Spaniards in 1540, it was founded by Franciscan Father Juan Ramirez in 1629 and affected by the 1680 Pueblo Revolt. Mission San Estévan del Rey, constructed between 1629 and 1641, is the oldest church of European construction remaining in New Mexico. Ácoma was hostile to Spanish rule and the inhabitants participated in the 1680 Great Pueblo Revolt. Ácoma is a "living" pueblo and has been continuously occupied since the 12th century. Repaired and restored beginning in 1810, 1902 and 1924.
- FLOOR PLAN
- TYPOLOGICAL ANALYSIS
- HISTORICAL ANALYSIS