San José y San Miguel de Aguayo
Founded in 1720, this mission was named for Saint Joseph and the Marqués de San Miguel de Aguayo, the governor of the Province of Coahuila and Texas at the time. It was built on the banks of the San Antonio River and founded by Father Antonio Margil de Jesús. La ventana de la Rosa, the Rose Window, together with the main façade, have been considered one of the finest examples of baroque architecture in North America. Misson San José is today an active parish.
- FLOOR PLAN
- TYPOLOGICAL ANALYSIS
- HISTORICAL ANALYSIS