El Pueblo de Santa Clara Pueblo fue visitado por priera vez en 1541 como parte de la expedición de Francisco Vásquez de Coronado. Una misión fue establecida en 1628 como visita a el Pueblo de San Juan. En 1680, los habitantes de Santa Clara tuvieron una participación activa en la Revuelta de los Pueblos en contra de los españoles.
Santa Clara Pueblo was first visited in 1541 by part of Francisco Vásquez de Coronado's expeditionary force. A mission was established in 1628 as a visita for San Juan Pueblo. In 1680 the inhabitants of Santa Clara took an active part in the Great Pueblo Revolt against the Spanish. The historic section of the pueblo complex consists of one- and two-story adobe houses surrounding two main plazas with two rectangular ceremonial kivas and a church, c. 1918.
- FLOOR PLAN
- TYPOLOGICAL ANALYSIS
Ysleta Mission was constructed in 1744 in part to serve the Tigua Indian community which had fled New Mexico during the Pueblo Revolt. The site was also known by the Spaniards as Corpus Christi de la Isleta. In 1881 the Jesuits took over the church and renamed it Nuestra Señora del Monte Carmelo.The present church was constructed in 1851. Its distinctive silver-domed bell tower was added in 1897.