adobe

Santos Ángeles de Guevavi, Ruinas de la Misión Guevavi, Tumacácori

Fue fundada en 1691 por el Padre Eusebio Francisco Kino en el Valle de Santa Cruz y abandonada en 1770. Se encuentra localizada a 10 metros de la Frontera Internacional de Nogales, en Arizona. Se encontró evidencia tanto arqueológica como histórica de que hubo crianza de ganado vacuno y bovino, así como el cultivo de hortalizas, y otros, asi como una fundición.

San Miguel de Socorro (Old Socorro)

The mission was built as one of the four missions among the Piro Pueblos between 1615 and 1626 through the Camino Real. This mission was partly destroyed after the Pueblo Revolt and only portions of the old church remains, including parts of the adobe walls and beams. Many preservation efforts have been seen in the mission building, being the most extensive during the 1960s. Today it is a living parish that serves a vast community.

San Lorenzo de Picuris

Positioned in the mountains north of Santa Fe on the high road to Taos, the pueblo of Pícuris remains small and quiet. Fray Francisco de Zamora was charged with the establishment of the permanent mission, which was built around 1620. It served several surrounding villages in addition to Picuris it self. The mission church was rebuilt several times, being the last preservation effort made in 1986. 

Santo Domingo

During much of the Spanish colonial period, Santo Domingo was an important Franciscan mission center and the ecclesiastical capital of New Mexico. A mission church erected here before 1607 by Fray Juan de Escalona, was considered one of the largest and finest in New Mexico.

Pages