The first church at the Pecos Pueblo was probably built by the Franciscan Fray Pedro Zambrano Ortiz by 1619. The people of the pueblo would not allow construction of a church closer to their dwellings. In 1625, a more permanent church was constructed outside the walls of the pueblo of Pecos, New Mexico. After the Spanish reconquest in 1693, a smaller church was built in 1717. The walls of this later church still stand on top of the earlier church's stone foundation.
- FLOOR PLAN
- TYPOLOGICAL ANALYSIS
- HISTORICAL ANALYSIS
Chronology of Preservation Treatments
Civilian Conservation Corps cleaned debris and attempted activities including removal of Nusbaum's concrete
Principal Facade Features