Started by Father Antonio de San Buenaventura y Olivares in 1716, this National and State Historic Landmark was originally located west of San Pedro Springs. It survived three moves. During the 19th century struggle for political and military control of Texas. These rudimentary fortifications made the old mission symbolically and strategically important for Texas history.
- FLOOR PLAN
- FACADE DETAILS
- TYPOLOGICAL ANALYSIS
- HISTORICAL ANALYSIS
Chronology of Preservation Treatments
Texas governor acquired the convent and bestowed the entire complex to the Daughters of the Republic of Texas
Principal Facade Features