Pueblo Jemez, now in ruins, is a NM state monument. Spanish missionaries first settled at the Gíusewa Pueblo in 1598 being Fray Alonso de Lugo the one to be in charge of establishing the Jémez mission province.
San Xavier del Bac is located Southwest of Tucson, Arizona. Founded in 1692 by Father Eusebio Francisco Kino. The current mission construction started in 1781by Father Juan Bautista Velderrain and terminated in 1797 under Father Juan Bautista Llorens.