Built on a rocky hill for Keresan'speaking people from Acoma, Santo Domingo, and Cohití, this church was constructed with stone and adobe in 1701, following the social upheavals caused by the 1680 Pueblo Revolt. It had a major rehabilitation in 1932 and today it is a functioning parish chuch and remains a community fixture on feast days and as a gathering place for artisans selling their wares.
documented by HABS
Founded in 1691 by Father Eusebio Francisco Kino in the Santa Cruz Valley and abandoned in 1770. It is located 10 meters north of Nogales and the international Border. There is archaeological and historical evidence for sheep and cattle ranching, orchards, smelting and farming.