Mission San Juan Capistrano se estableció en 1731 y el edificio contó con varios periodos. El compejo cuenta con la planta tradicional de edificios y paredes rodeando al patio central. El complejo incluye las ruinas de la segunda y tercera iglesias, los cimientos de algunos de los cuarteles residenciales, el convento, el granero, el pozo y la residencia para sacerdotes.
Mission San Juan Capistrano was established in 1731 and underwent several building periods. The complex has the traditional plan of buildings and walls surrounding a central courtyard and includes the ruins of the second and third church, the foundations of some of the residential quarters, a convento (missionary quarters), granary foundation, well, and a residence.
Ysleta Mission was constructed in 1744 in part to serve the Tigua Indian community which had fled New Mexico during the Pueblo Revolt. The site was also known by the Spaniards as Corpus Christi de la Isleta. In 1881 the Jesuits took over the church and renamed it Nuestra Señora del Monte Carmelo.The present church was constructed in 1851. Its distinctive silver-domed bell tower was added in 1897.