Started by Father Antonio de San Buenaventura y Olivares in 1716, this National and State Historic Landmark was originally located west of San Pedro Springs. It survived three moves. During the 19th century struggle for political and military control of Texas. These rudimentary fortifications made the old mission symbolically and strategically important for Texas history.
Founded by Father Kino, originally a Jesuit mission, taken over by Franciscans who rebuilt it around 1800. The mission was involved in mining, smelting, ranching, and farming activities. The national historic park has a replanted orchard and visitor center.
- FLOOR PLAN
- TYPOLOGICAL ANALYSIS